Scientiae Carnival

Scientiae Carnival

December Scientiae call for posts!

Kate over at A K8, A Cat, A Mission writes about the December Scientiae:

"By the way, I will be hosting the next Scientiae Carnival, which will likely be out December 2nd or 3rd (I will be at a conference on the 1st). My only thoughts so far is that I would like it to be forward-thinking, or somehow one where we focus on the upward trend. I'm not totally certain what that should look like though, and I thought, well, I do have blog readers, I should ask them!

So dear blog readers, what should the next Scientiae Carnival be about? How can we inspire each other to research, act, live, teach?"

Have ideas for Kate? Leave her a comment here or email them to Scientiae.

Edited to add: I (Kate) have said a bit more on the blog about what the theme of Scientiae should/could be for this round: I'd like you to transcend all the debates about women in science to find what is most personally useful to you. Some possible questions to get you started:

  • What are the ways you transcend these debates?
  • How do you think about the big picture?
  • How do you do the work that you do, how do you move on?
  • What does your life look like in this context?
  • Where do you want your life to be in ten years? Where was it ten years ago? (a la sciencewoman's recommendation)

I look forward to reading all your thinking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.