Scientiae Carnival

Scientiae Carnival

March Scientiae: Call for Posts

Hi! I'm Amanda at A Lady Scientist and I'm hosting Scientiae for March. First of all, I'm really pleased that Scientiae is continuing. The carnival is what got me into blogging in the first place.

Now the difficult part: trying to figure out a theme for this month. I've never hosted Scientiae before and I didn't realize how tricky this could be! At last I've settled on a very broad topic: Continuity. The word applies not only to Scientiae (we're on year 3!), but Science, too. To start you all thinking about this topic I looked it up in the OED.

Continuity
|ˌkäntnˈ(y)oōətē|
noun ( pl. -ties)
1. the unbroken and consistent existence or operation of something over a period of time
• a state of stability and the absence of disruption
• (often continuity between/with) a connection or line of development with no sharp breaks
2. the maintenance of continuous action and self-consistent detail in the various scenes of a movie or broadcast : [as adj. ]

Of course, if you would like to write about something not on this topic, that's perfectly fine, too. Please email a permalink to your post to scientiaecarnival [a] gmail [dt] com by 11:59pm on February 27th. (Don't worry I'll send an email to the Scientiae Google Group to remind you!) I'll post the carnival by 11:59pm on March 1st. I'm looking forward to everyone's submissions!

1 Comment:

  1. Pat said...
    Thanks so much for hosting Scinetiae. Will post tomorrow that you are doing it.

    Pat

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.