Scientiae Carnival

Scientiae Carnival

June Scientiae: Call for Posts

Hi, I'm Rocket Scientista, and I'll be hosting your fabulous June Scientiae Carnival. I'm so excited to be a part of such an awesome carnival about women in STEM!

Last month, we all talked about all those humps and bumps on the way to success, and now it's time to celebrate getting through it! The theme for June's Scientiae Carnival is:

CELEBRATION!

I've been watching a lot of my friends graduate and defend their theses, and I've been seeing others publish their first papers. Some postdocs I know have gotten their first BIG fellowships, or gotten great grants, and I've seen some awesome faculty get some amazing awards. Some of my friends in STEM industry have completed big projects or have even gotten promotions! One thing I've noticed, through all these accomplishments and successes, is that we don't tend to celebrate our awesomeness nearly enough. We end that now.


It's almost summer, it's the end of the academic year, and I'll be hosting a huge Scientiae party. Come, bring a friend, and share with us your most recent successes and we'll give you a big round of applause! Tell us how you're planning on celebrating once you clear that next hurdle. Or maybe how you celebrated just getting something off your plate, no matter the outcome. Tell us about those humps and bumps you have overcome. Share a story about your grandest STEM victory.


You are cordially invited for a celebration of STEM win! Cheering provided, but BYOP (Bring Your Own Post). RSVP by Monday May 31 at 11:59PM.


To submit a post for the Scientiae Carnival, please email the permalink URL of your post to scientiaecarnival [a] gmail [dt] com by 11:59 pm on Monday, May 31. The carnival will be posted by June 3rd. I can't wait!

1 Comment:

  1. Christa said...
    This is great!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.